- TO LISTEN TO THE OUTBACK XT RADIO REVIEW CLICK BELOW
- Subaru Outback XT more details
- Outback XT Engine
- Performance and Capability
- Advanced Safety and Technology
- All MY23 AWD Subaru Outback Range Changes
- MY23 Pricing‡
- Subaru Outback AWD Sport XT & Touring XT Engine Specifications
- Transmission Lineartronic CVT
- Exterior dimensions and weight
- Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Towing
Subaru Outback XT is coming soon. As outlined back in May this year the XT versions are a welcome addition to the range. The updated 2023 model is now available for order and first deliveries should be here before Christmas.
- A new to the model 2.4L turbo boxer engine that delivers a hearty 183kW of power at 5200-6000rpm and 350Nm of torque at 2000-4800rpm.
- Obviously better performance
- Specifically tuned suspension and revised rear differential specifications to assist with towing.
- Improved towing capacity for XT models, up to 2400kg which is a 400kg increase on standard models.
- Tow ball rating also increases to 240kg as well
The Outback was a winner in OzRoamer COTY awards for 2022 and the new XT models with more power and torque improve on an already excellent AWD SUV.
TO LISTEN TO THE OUTBACK XT RADIO REVIEW CLICK BELOW
Radio Review coming soon
Alongside the announcement for the XT versions, all 2023 outback models will now have wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity for the first time. This is in addition to a myriad of smaller improvements.
Subaru Outback already has a number of excellent features such as the 11.6 inch central screen, best in class safety features along with the familiar Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive system.
The Outback XT versions start from Priced from $52,190 plus the usual costs. The Outback is already outstanding value for money but the new XT versions with more power and torque for this price is stunning value.
More details and a drive review will come closer to the arrival dates.
However you can n ow order your XT outback and other 2023 models online or through your dealer now.
This is a Motoring Minute
Im Rob Fraser
Subaru Outback XT more details
Responding to customer’s demands for turbocharged Outback, offering two all-new turbocharged variants – AWD Sport XT and AWD Touring XT – in the 2023 model-year Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive Subaru Outback range.
- All-new turbocharged Subaru Outback, powered by 2.4-litre direct-injection turbocharged Boxer engine, delivers more torque and greater towing capacity.
- Entire 2023 Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive Subaru Outback range comprises multiple updates to enhance user-friendliness.
- All-new, turbocharged Subaru Outback variants, and the full 2023 Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive Subaru Outback range, are now available for pre-order online or via any local Subaru Retailer.
Welcoming two all-new, turbocharged variants to the refreshed Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive (AWD) Subaru Outback range for the model-year 2023 (MY23), with first deliveries anticipated to commence before Christmas.
Complementing the 2.5-litre direct-injection naturally aspirated engine model that provides an excellent and reliable on-road and off-road driving experience, the more powerful 2.4-litre direct-injection turbocharged (DIT) Boxer engine has been added to the Symmetrical AWD Subaru Outback range to provide customers more power and more capability.
A perfectly engineered balance of control and power, the all-new, turbocharged Subaru Outback offerings are bound to lead grand touring enthusiasts on endless adventures.
Subaru Australia’s Managing Director, Blair Read, said: “We have heard our customer’s request for a turbocharged Outback loud and clear, so we are extremely pleased to add two all-new, turbocharged Subaru Outback variants to the MY23 Subaru Outback line-up.
“A more powerful turbocharged engine, coupled with the latest intuitive technology, impressive interior and of course the all-terrain capability of Subaru’s Symmetrical AWD, makes the Outback XT the perfect vehicle for any Australian road trip.”
Outback XT Engine
Under the bonnet, the more powerful 2.4-litre horizontally-opposed direct injection turbocharged (DIT) Boxer 4-cylinder petrol engine, delivers a hearty 183kW of power at 5200-6000rpm and 350Nm of torque at 2000-4800rpm.
Due to increased torque provided by the turbocharged engine delivered simultaneously to all four wheels by Subaru’s Symmetrical AWD, all-new Subaru Outback AWD Sport XT and Touring XT deliver greater towing capacity than naturally aspirated variants, increasing to a maximum of 2,400kg* which is certain to delight adventurous Australians who are keen to explore the country.
The entire MY23 Symmetrical AWD Subaru Outback range features multiple updates to increase user-friendliness and driver convenience. This includes, for the first time in an Australian specification Subaru vehicle, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity†.
Priced from $52,190‡, the all-new, turbocharged Subaru Outback will be available in two variants – AWD Sport XT and AWD Touring XT – both comprising a laundry list of technology and features which provide ultimate safety and driver comfort to suit Australian adventurers.
Interested customers can now pre-order their all-new Subaru Outback AWD Sport XT or Touring XT, along with the remainder of the MY23 AWD Subaru Outback range, online via www.subaru.com.au/configure or through their local Subaru Retailer.
Performance and Capability
The 2.4-litre DIT petrol Boxer engine generates powerful torque at low engine speeds, resulting in the turbo boost feeling like it comes on the instant the accelerator pedal is pressed, delivering approximately 22 per cent faster 0 to 100km/h acceleration compared to its 2.5-litre direct-injection naturally aspirated counterpart.
Greater towing capacity
All-new, turbocharged Subaru Outback delivers greater towing capacity than naturally aspirated variants, increasing to a maximum of 2,400kg (an increase of 400kg).
Rear differential specifications have also been altered which help increase the towing capacity from 2,000kg to 2,400kg and lowers the final gear ratio from 3.900 to 4.111.
Additionally, copper-free material with a high coefficient of friction has been adopted for the brake pads, which also assists to increase towing capacity, and improve performance of the parking brake.
Tailored suspension tune
To suit the 2.4-litre DIT Boxer engine, the damping force of the front and rear dampers, and the spring constant of the front coil springs, have been tuned. This tuning helps deliver both driving stability and ride comfort.
Advanced Safety and Technology
The all-new, turbocharged Subaru Outback shares specification with the well-loved Symmetrical AWD Subaru Outback range. These include but not are limited to:
- Central information display with 11.6-inch tablet-like infotainment touchscreen
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity
- Auto Stop-Start
- Subaru Intelligent Drive (SI-Drive) featuring Intelligent (I) and Sport (S) mode
- X-Mode (two mode)
- Auto-folding door mirrors
- Hands-free powered tailgate
Continuing Subaru’s most important safety vision yet – working towards zero fatal accidents in a Subaru vehicle by the year 2030§ – all-new, turbocharged Subaru Outback comprises a full suite of advanced driver technology, and safety features to help protect both its occupants and other road users, including:
- SRS airbags: dual front, dual front side, dual curtain, driver’s knee, and front passenger cushion
- Subaru Vision Assist featuring:
- Adaptive Driving Beam (ADB)
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM)
- Eyesight® Assist Monitor
- Front View Monitor (FVM)
- Lane Change Assist (LCA)
- Side View Monitor (SVM)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Reverse Automatic Braking (RAB)
- Subaru Eyesight® Assist featuring:
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Emergency Lane Keep Assist
- Lane Centring Function
- Lane Departure Prevention
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Sway Warning
- Lead Vehicle Stay Alert
- Pre-Collision Brake Assist
- Pre-Collision Throttle Management
- Autonomous Emergency Steering
- Brake Light Recognition
- Intelligent Speed Limiter
- Speed Limiter
- Speed Sign Recognition
- Driver Monitoring System featuring:
- Distraction warning
- Drowsiness warning
- Facial recognition
- Climate control setting (last used)
- MID display (last used)
Outback AWD Touring XT adds:
- Auto door mirror adjustment
- Auto driver seat adjustment
Signalling a point of difference, all-new, turbocharged Subaru Outback exclusively feature:
- Dual tailpipes to complement the higher performance nature of the vehicle
- Exterior ‘XT’ badge
- LED fog lamps with 6 LEDs to pay homage to Subaru’s six-star constellation emblem whilst also limiting power consumption.
An extensive range of paint colour options are available for the all-new Subaru Outback AWD Sport XT and Touring XT:
|Exterior Colours||Outback AWD Sport XT||Outback AWD Touring XT|
|Sapphire Blue Pearl||
|Crystal White Pearl||
|Ice Silver Metallic||
|Brilliant Bronze Metallic||
|Crimson Red Pearl||
|Storm Grey Metallic||
|Autumn Green Metallic||
|Magnetic Grey Metallic||
|Crystal Black Silica||
All MY23 AWD Subaru Outback Range Changes
(over MY22 AWD Subaru Outback range) The entire 2023 Symmetrical AWD Subaru Outback range encompasses an assortment of updates inside the cabin to improve convenience and enhance user-friendliness.
Added features across the range include:
- Widely used USB Type-C terminal added to front seat USB port/auxiliary input station (replacing one USB Type-A port) which has a rated output of 3.0 A, improving ease-of use and enabling quick charging of tablets and similar devices.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto added enabling connectivity while smartphones are inside a pocket or bag.
- Manage Devices setting screen added to the ‘Phone’ tab in ‘settings’ enabling users to select and switch connected smartphones and apps to activate at start-up from a single screen.
- Redesigned 11.6-inch infotainment touchscreen for improved user friendliness including, new shortcut buttons, and updated climate control buttons and full screen Android Auto.
- Redesigned steering wheel buttons (left and right spoke) and removal of MID steering wheel buttons.
- Expanded voice command recognition to include:
- Auto Start Stop
- Lane Departure
- Cruise Control
- High/Medium/Low Fan Speed level settings
- Search for closest location
- Seat heater/seat ventilation settings
- Altered navigation functions to allow address/point of interest searches to now be performed with a single input field.
Additional exterior change includes newly designed 18-inch wheels to enhance product styling.
|Outback AWD Sport||$47,190|
|Outback AWD Touring||$50,990|
|Outback AWD Sport XT||$52,190|
|Outback AWD Touring XT||$55,990|
WARRANTY: Five-year/unlimited kilometre warranty period, 12-months complimentary Subaru Roadside Assistance.
* Subaru Outback AWD, Outback AWD Sport and Outback AWD Touring feature 2,000kg towing capacity with trailer brakes. Subaru Outback AWD Sport XT and Outback AWD Touring XT feature a 2,400kg towing capacity with trailer brakes and requires fitment of Electric Brake Controller if towing mass is greater than 2,000kgs and is only capable of towing a trailer with a maximum of 2 axles. Towing capacity is subject to regulatory requirements, tow bar and vehicle design and towing equipment limitations. Requires fitment of optional tow bar accessory. Refer to Owner’s Manual for towing instructions. For further information, ask your local Subaru Retailer.
† Compatible Apple® or AndroidTM device required.
‡ Prices are Subaru (Aust) Pty Ltd’s Manufacturer’s List Prices only and include GST but exclude dealer delivery charges and all other government and statutory charges. For the drive-away price of Subaru vehicles, consumers should be advised to contact their local authorised Subaru dealer.
§В Subaru Corporation (the Japanese manufacturer of Subaru cars) has publicly stated its aim to reduce the number of fatal accidents in a Subaru vehicle to zero by 2030 as well as the number of fatalities among pedestrians, cyclists and the like as a result of a collision with a Subaru vehicle. For more information on Subaru CorporationвЂ™s CSR initiatives visitВ https://www.subaru.co.jp/en/csr/subaru_csr/sixpriority/peace.html.
Subaru Outback AWD Sport XT & Touring XT Engine Specifications
|TypeCylinders Displacement Bore x stroke Compression ratio Valve mechanism Fuel system Maximum power Maximum torque
|Direct injected, turbocharged horizontally-opposed Boxer petrol engine Four 2387 cc 94 x 86 10.6:1 DOHC with Dual AVCS Direct Injection 183 kW/5200-6000 rpm 350 Nm/2000-4800 rpm
Transmission Lineartronic CVT
Exterior dimensions and weight
|Overall length mm||4870|
|Overall width mm||1875|
|Overall height mm||1670 (AWD Sport XT)||1675 (AWD Touring XT)|
|Track – front mm||1570|
|Track – rear mm||1600|
|Min. ground clearance mm||213|
|Kerb weight kg:||1743 (AWD Sport XT)||1770 (AWD Touring XT)|
|Fuel consumption (L/100km) combined:||9.0|
|Carbon dioxide (g/km) combined:||204|
|Fuel tank capacity||63 litres|
|Minimum fuel requirement:||95 RON|
Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Towing
|Steering||Electric power assistance rack and pinion|
|Turning circle (metres)||11.0|
|MacPherson strut type suspension
Double-wishbone type suspension
|Brakes (mm): Front
|Towing capacity (kg):
Maximum towball download (kg):