- Returning Your Car: Can You Do It?
- CARSOME’s Five-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- How to Get a Car That’s Right for You
- Know What You’re Looking For
- Remember to Test Drive
- Get the Extended Warranty
- Make It CARSOME for Peace of Mind
You just bought your dream car and you’re looking forward to all the road trips you have planned with your loved ones in the future.
But after spending some time with your new ride, you begin to realize that the car does not drive the way you want to, it’s missing some important features, and you’re worried that the monthly installment might be too high for you.
In this case, what can you do when you change your mind about the car you’ve purchased?
Returning Your Car: Can You Do It?
Generally, in Malaysia it is not possible to return your car after purchasing it from a dealership. After you’ve signed the purchase agreement and the loan contract, there are currently no laws in Malaysia that legally binds the dealer to issue you with an exchange if you change your mind about the car you bought.
But depending on the dealer’s policy, some dealers like CARSOME offer consumers a money-back guarantee for the car they bought to provide their customers with peace of mind.
CARSOME’s Five-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Every CARSOME Certified car is eligible for the five-day money-back guarantee, which means if you change your mind about your car purchase, you can return the car to us within for a refund, with no questions asked!
The five-fay money-back guarantee only applies if the car:
- Has not been modified or altered: There should be no modifications made to the car’s interior and exterior, everything should be in the same condition as when you received it. All the relevant original documents should be returned as well.
- Has traveled no more than 300km: The travel distance of the car must be less than 300km.
- Is free from fines and summons: Any parking fees, traffic fines, or summonses that have been imposed to the customer within their five days of ownership must be paid by the customer before the car is returned.
- Has not been resold or transferred to someone else: The owner of the car must be the same person who bought the car from CARSOME.
- Is returned within five days from the delivery date: If you change your mind about your purchase, you have five days to return the car in order to get a refund.
How to Get a Car That’s Right for You
There are dozens of car brands and hundreds of car models available to choose from so it may be a challenge to find one that’s right for you. You might fall in love with a car at the first look, but after experiencing the car for a while, it may not bring the excitement that you expected from the driving experience.
Here are some tips to help you find a car that will suit your every need and prevent you from ending up in a situation where you may feel the need to return the car.
Know What You’re Looking For
Buying a car is not just about personal preference, you also need to consider if the car you’re buying is suitable for your current and future needs. By comparing what you want and what you need in a car, you’ll be able to narrow down your choice to a few makes and models, instead of going through every car available in the market.
On top of that, this also helps you determine your budget and how much you can spend on the car. Once you’ve decided on the make and model you’re interested in, you can start figuring out how much you need to prepare for down payment and estimate how much monthly installment you can afford.
Remember to Test Drive
It is important to get behind the wheels of the car you’re planning to purchase. This helps you get a feel of how the car drives, find out if the car is comfortable for you, and to see if the features of the car suits your driving needs.
Most people tend to overlook the importance of a test drive but it is the only time where you can thoroughly check out the car and bond with it before you buy it. Don’t skip the test drive if you want to make sure the car you’re buying is safe, comfortable, and reliable for you.
Get the Extended Warranty
Reliability is key when it comes to cars. If your car is protected, you can rest assured that you are making a reliable purchase. This is why it is important to invest in an extended warranty from the manufacturer if you have the budget to do so for your car.
Purchasing an extended warranty for your car will help you save significantly when it comes to repairs in the future, especially if the repairs involve a major component. Another advantage of having an extended warranty is that it will help boost your car’s resale value when you’re trying to sell it in the future.
Make It CARSOME for Peace of Mind
Finding a quality car that fits your needs is as easy as browsing our selection online via carsome.my or on our mobile application. All CARSOME Certified cars have undergone a strict 175-point inspection to ensure they are free from major accident and flood damage.
To ensure safety beyond standards, complete comfort, and a refurbished aesthetic, every car has gone through the CARSOME Certified Refurbishment Process at our CARSOME Certified Lab.
Additionally, each CARSOME Certified car comes with these promises for your peace of mind.
- Quality cars guaranteed: Following our strict 175-point inspection, our skilled technicians will carry out a refurbishment process on the interior and exterior at our CARSOME Certified Lab to ensure CARSOME Certified cars have safety beyond standards, complete comfort, and refurbished aesthetics.
- Fixed price: The price you see on the listing is the full price of the car with no hidden fees so you know exactly how much you’re paying.
- One-year warranty: All CARSOME Certified cars also have a one-year extended warranty for your peace of mind.
So what are you waiting for? Check out carsome.my or download our mobile app to find your dream car today!
Written by Haziq Asyraf
A self-proclaimed foodie and gamer whose passion for food and games have recently extended to cars.