- What kind of information is added to the license card?
- What are the steps to follow to get a smart driving license?
- How to apply for a card and license offline?
- How to convert the old license to a new smart card?
- Important documents required to get Smart Card Driving License
- Who is eligible to get the SCDL?
- What are the three sections of smart card license?
- Why opt for the smart card license?
What kind of information is added to the license card?
- Full name
- Guardian’s name
- Blood type
- Retina scan
The information can be easily read on the vehicle using a smart machine and a microprocessor. It is the ARTO and RTO that is responsible for verifying the data of the card and driving license.
What are the steps to follow to get a smart driving license?
One has to opt for an online application for the smart card or driving license:
- First, you have to visit the portal of the state transport department to apply for the license and card
- Now, download the license application form that is available on the website
- After entering the correct details on the form, you have to visit the nearest RTO and submit the same with the necessary information on it
- Now, pay the fees for the card and driving test
- If can pass the test, the authorities will take biometric data
With this data, the details would be processed and then verified by a higher authority and you will get it on a smart card and the license will be sent to the registered address.
How to apply for a card and license offline?
When you are applying it in offline mode, you have to follow the steps:
- First, visit the nearest RTO office and you have to ask for a form of driving license and smart card
- Fill up the form and let the authority get biometric details of an individual
- You have to pay the fees for the same and you are done submitting the application
Following this, the license and card would be sent to the registered address of the person.
How to convert the old license to a new smart card?
- First, you have to visit RTO with an old license
- Now, get an application form to upgrade the license
- You have to fill-up the form, with fees and you will get the new license at the given address
However, there is no procedure to convert the old license to a smart card online. So, you have to visit the nearest RTO to take the suitable steps.
Important documents required to get Smart Card Driving License
- Application fees
- A document claiming address details such as birth certificate, house agreement, telephone bill, gas electricity, ration card, and others
- Age proof certificate such as passport, transfer certificate, PAN card, mark sheet of 10th standard
- Medical certificate forms signed by a government doctor
- Passport size photograph
- Application form of driving license
However, when changing the old license to a smart card, one has to produce, address proof, copy of the original license, and age proof from the above-mentioned ones.
Who is eligible to get the SCDL?
The eligibility depends on vehicle type and these are as follows:
1. Heavy commercial and transport vehicle –Applicant should complete 8th standard and should be a minimum of 18 years of age
2. Motorcycle with a gear and engine capacity of up to 50cc–The applicant must be of above 18 years
3. Motorcycle with gear and 50cc capacity–The applicant must be a minimum of 16 years and get consent from parents for the same
What are the three sections of smart card license?
Visual inspection zone
Here, the information to check names, address details, date of birth, vehicle type, vehicle class, signature
- Validity of the Driving license
- Serial number of license chip
- Details of issuing authority of license
- Date of issue of license
Central motor vehicle rule zone
- Check for any penalized history of driver
- Check details of violations
- Check for any endorsement in the case
Why opt for the smart card license?
There are a plethora of benefits to opting for the license and some of them are listed as below:
- Details of the cardholder are declared in the smart card
- No one can tamper or fake the details given on the card
- As the license details cannot be tempered, there is high law to maintain the license records
The card of license is new ways and included in the system as a new way to find support from citizens. In return for this, the authority should give assurance of complete security of the data given by individuals.
- Smart card is an updated form of old book type of license
- It is a plastic card having a microprocessor of 64 kB
- Contains essential data of driver, necessary to check by higher authority