- 1. The 2023 Ford F-150 continues as the most capable truck in its class
- 2. If you want engine options, Ford gives them to you in this half-ton truck
- 3. Do you want a luxury truck? The 2023 Ford F-150 offers three luxurious trims for you
- 4. This half-ton truck has three off-road versions as well
- 5. Ford brings BlueCruise hands-free driving to the half-ton truck class
- 6. The Sync 4 infotainment system is an excellent addition to the 2023 Ford F-150
- Should you drive this half-ton truck?
Why has the Ford F-150 been the best-selling truck for over 40 years? What makes this half-ton pickup the one that can be called “Ford Tough?” Everywhere you look, you’ll see various F-150 pickups on the road; could this be the truck you want to drive? Let’s take a look at six qualities the 2023 Ford F-150 offers that could make it the right truck for you.
1. The 2023 Ford F-150 continues as the most capable truck in its class
2022 Ford F-150 Towing a Travel Trailer | Ford
The 2023 version of this half-ton truck might bring us special packages highlighted by the Ford Media team, but the capability is where the meat of this truck resides. We can fall in love with the Rattler or Heritage packages, but the fact that the F-150 can tow 14,000 pounds and carry up to 3,325 pounds makes it the most capable truck in its class.
2. If you want engine options, Ford gives them to you in this half-ton truck
The Ford F-150 offers seven different tuning levels across various engines. You could have a mild-mannered V6 at the base level, a hybrid powertrain to save on fuel, or the monstrous V8 found under the hood of the new Raptor R. There’s a power level to meet all desires across the F-150 lineup. Maybe this variety is why this is the best-selling truck in the market year after year.
3. Do you want a luxury truck? The 2023 Ford F-150 offers three luxurious trims for you
Ford F-150 Limited | Ford
No other truck in the half-ton class offers three distinct trims that can be considered luxurious trucks. Some will give you two (GMC Sierra Denali and Denali Ultimate), but only Ford offers three in the F-150. These three trims are:
- King Ranch
- Massaging leather seats
- Pro Power Onboard generator
- Power running boards
- Bang & Olufsen audio system
4. This half-ton truck has three off-road versions as well
2023 Ford Raptor R | Ford Motor Company
Not to be outdone by the highfalutin class of luxury trims, the off-road versions of the 2023 Ford F-150 stand out. The three trims that give you the most capability on the trails are:
- Raptor R
If you stick with the Tremor model, you’ll find:
- 33-inch all-terrain tires
- Upgraded suspension
- Available Rattler Package
5. Ford brings BlueCruise hands-free driving to the half-ton truck class
Ford BlueCruise Display | Ford
Not to be outdone by the GM SuperCruise, the Ford F-150 offers a hands-free semi-autonomous driving system called BlueCruise. This feature allows hands-free driving on mapped roads in the “Blue Zones.” Currently, this covers more than 130,000 miles of North American highways, with more to come. This feature is optional for the Tremor, King Ranch, and Platinum, models but it’s standard for the Limited trim.
6. The Sync 4 infotainment system is an excellent addition to the 2023 Ford F-150
The latest version of the Ford half-ton truck allows you to enjoy one of the fastest infotainment systems in the market. The Sync 4 system is the latest version, and it’s extremely responsive and quick. You can enjoy this system on an 8-inch or 12-inch screen and experience the benefits of wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Should you drive this half-ton truck?
Ford F-150 PowerBoost | Ford
If you want the latest tech, the most capable truck, and lots of options, the 2023 Ford F-150 is the top model in the half-ton truck class. It’s hard to argue with what Ford delivers in this pickup. Of course, if you’d like to enjoy a diesel engine in your truck, you’ll have to look at the Ram 1500, Chevy Silverado 1500, or GMC Sierra 1500.
Next, check out how the Toyota Tacoma might not be as reliable as you think, or watch the 2023 Ford F-150 video below: